Daylight is the essential element that transforms conventional rooms into the splendid spaces that add value and quality to your home.
As you may know, skylights have a bad reputation. There's a saying among roofers: "There are only two types of skylights: those that leak and those that are about to leak."
We are here to change that saying to "There are only two types of skylights: those that are installed correctly and those that leak."
Skylights Present Four Important Benefits:
- Allow more natural light into your building and open up the space to make it seem bigger
- Reduce energy usage (thermal glass roof windows) and utility bills by providing natural daylight which also helps to heat the building with sunlight in the winter
- Enhance health and wellness by exposing you to more natural light instead of electrical lighting
- Improved ventilation by using opening skylight units, often a preferred choice in bathrooms or bedrooms.
A skylight can be installed almost anywhere in your home or commercial building. If you want a more economical option, sun tunnels may be a suitable alternative. These are less expensive as they can be fitted between existing rafter spaces (residential only).
Experience The Bach Roofing Difference
- We ensure skylights are raised off the roof (curb-mounted).
- We put in proper membrane, step flashings and weather stripping. This prevents wind noise and thermal movement as well as providing a weather tight seal.
- We complete the structural reinforcement necessary to accommodate skylight installation.
- We provide expert installation of metal flashing details for skylight curb.
Select Skylights with UV protection
Prolonged exposure to light may discolour a carpet or furniture. The solution is to order askylight that is tinted or has UV protection. You can also control light exposure with an electrical blind equipped with a remote control.
By choosing Bach Roofing, you are guaranteed peace of mind installation. We build long lasting roofs with long lasting components. We use Columbia brand skylights, which are made locally right here in the lower mainland. These skylights are among the best in the world.
All of our skylight and sun tunnel installations come with a minimum 10 year workmanship warranty.
A quality brick or stone chimney is an important focal point on the exterior of any home. It can also turn into a bit of a nightmare if it is ignored too long. A little maintenance goes a long way. Our chimney repair services include mortar restoration through tuck pointing and sealing, concrete cap replacement and total chimney reconstruction. We also install decorative enhancements such as clay pots, custom copper chimney shrouds and stone veneers.
Because we have our own in-house sheet metal team, we frequently repair or replace the flashing around chimneys including the saddle, the step flashing, the riglet and the cap. We sometimes recommend installing a custom sheet metal cap or shroud on chimneys in order to either enhance the appearance of the chimney or avoid some or all of the cost of a full masonry reconstruction. We have installed new caps on many stucco chimneys in the Vancouver area that were not properly done in the first place.