Shaughnessy Heights in Vancouver: We installed a Hand-Split Cedar Shake roof with many custom features using copper accents.
Premium Grade, Hand-Split Cedar Shakes in a thick 3/4″ profile
Cedar shakes are not only the only locally sourced roofing available, but it is also the most environmentally friendly choice available today for your new roof! Did you know cedar shakes are a 100% renewable resource? Not only are they a renewable resource, but more than 50% of the cedar we use is from wind fallen trees making it a great choice for the environment. Comes with a 50 year transferable warranty- that’s a leader in the industry.
We performed the following work on this project:
- Replaced the existing cedar roof with a new Premium Grade Shake Roof using 100% old growth, edge grain western red cedar
- Removed the chimney on the house roof, replaced it with a custom designed framed ridge vent that we encased in 20oz copper. This provides a sophisticated yet functional feature to the house roof
- All shakes we installed were pressure treating using a CCA treatment to prolong the life- When cedar is this carefully hand selected and professionally installed it has a life expectancy of more than 50 years! Not bad when the competition claims “cedar only lasts 20 years” This is why it’s so important to do your research in which company you hire, and what the crew is like that actually shows up to install your roof; this makes all the difference!
- New 18″ custom overhang off back roof- This rounded structure was framed into the existing wall structure and wrapped in 20oz Copper
- Minor re-point on the chimneys including all new masonry counter flashing using 20oz Copper
- All flat roofing was re-installed, plus some custom stone masonry repurposed on the upper balconies